Share this infographic on your site!
Embed this infographic on your site!
The editors at Masters in Finance Degree Guide decided to research the topic of:
The Numbers Behind Twitter
- With an ocean of tweets, only a few can keep afloat.
There are a lot of fish in the sea
- With 1.5 Twitter accounts registered every second.
- That's 135,000 a day!
- 9,100 tweets are tweeted per second.
- For a total of 58 million tweets per day.
- 24,000 searches per second.
- Or 2.1 billion a day. Your canoe
These trending tools will keep you afloat.Twitter's all about grabbing a trending hashtag, showing up in its search results, and getting the followers you can.
- Potential reach= the number of followers of people who used the following hashtags.
- Description: A picture, link, or line about your latest man crush.
- Potential Reach: 5,523,423
- #tt / #transformationTuesday
- Definition:Transformation tuesday. Show the old, and the new.
- Potential Reach: 8,192,974/1,985,559
- Definition:Retro, old vs. new, or progress related material.
- Potential Reach: 1,468,651/1,459,397
- Definition: On Thursdays, people post photos and memories from yesteryear.
- Potential Reach: 11,698,230 + 19,752,218
- Definition: Same as #followfriday. On fridays you can suggest someone to follow.
- Potential Reach:8,104,433 + 15,355,098
- Description: Anything saturday.
- Potential reach: 2,368,518/1,136,756/2,086,156
- Description: You know what a selfie is. Use it to sell yourself, or your brand.
- Potential Reach: 3,466,318
- [Retrieved on Thursday Sep. 12, 2013]
- Definition: One of my followers.
- Potential Reach: 2,883,267
- Definition: Your twitter picture
- Potential Reach: 5,228,056
- Definition: You only live once!
- Potential reach:1,346,808 (4 hours)
- Definition: Tags ending in #fb are automatically uploaded to Facebook, for people who have installed the selective Twitter Update.
- Potential Reach: 17,265,972
The Big Fish
Getting a response from the big fish is a big deal. It makes your Twitter account immediately visible to millions.
- [name, number of followers, number of tweets]
- 1.) @justinbieber, 44.4 million, 23,400
- 2.)@katyperry, 42.6 million, 4,900
- 3.)@ladygaga, 40 million, 3,100
- 4.)@BarackObama, 36.4 million, 9,900
- 5.)@taylorswift13, 33.8 million, 1,900
- 6.)@YouTube, 33.3 million, 8,500
- 7.)@britneyspears, 31.7 million, 2,500
- 8.)@rihanna, 31.5 million, 8,300
- 9.)@Instgram, 26.3 million, 4,200
- 10.)@jtimberlake, 25.5 million, 1,700
- 11.)@twitter, 23.6 million, 1,600
- 12.)@JLo, 23.4 million, 2,400
- 13.)@shakira, 22 million, 2,000
- 14.)@TheEllenShow, 22 million, 7,700
- 15.)@Cristiano, 21 million, 1,500
- 16.)@Oprah, 21 million, 7,600
- 17.)@Pink, 19.5 million, 4,900
- 18.)@KimKardashian, 18.5 million, 16,000
- 19.)@ddlovato, 18 million, 9,800
- 20.)@OfficialAdele, 17.6 million, 180
Stories at Sea
Here are some of the most popular tweets of all time.
- Most Retweeted 2013:
- 1.) @earth_p0rn
- Retweet if you want to be part of our social experiment! pic.twitter.com/VLGCIlgt97
- 3,300 Favs, 88k retweets
- 2.)@Ben Savage
- I'm going to be a father!Well, on TV at least.The "Boy Meets World" sequel is finally happening!
- 26k FAVS 68k Retweets
- every girl out there should respect themselves. #real
- 5,200 FAVS, 62k retweets
- Uh oh . @tomthewanted The Wanted's Tom Parker: My failed X Factor audition shattered me | http://metro.co.uk/2011/07/04/the-wanteds-tom-parker-my-failed-x-factor-audition-shattered-me-64958/ ... via
- 1,100 FAVS, 60k retweets
- Right now you have 3 fingers behind your phone, your pinky tucked under for support, and you're scrolling with your thumb.
- 8,100 FAVS, 56k retweets
- A guide on how to get more free space with Dropbox! http://t.co/nIjwo0nM Retweet for a chance to get +100GB!
- 683 FAVS, 56k retweets
- Retweet for a follow & I'll follow as many as I can today. If I don't get to you now I'm sure I will eventually, I'm always doing these. :)
- 113 FAVS, 53k retweets
- You never worry about the last laugh if you've been laughing the whole time.
- 417 FAVS, 53k Retweets
- Retweet if you want to be part of our social experiment! pic.twitter.com/B4twntwSIY
- 2,200 FAVS, 52k retweets
- Thanks for everything, Boss. pic.twitter.com/WfU1h2Prhb
- 1,100 FAVS, 51k retweets.
- Retweet if you love God
- 1,900 FAVS, 44k Retweets
- Justin Bieber gets 40,000 retweets when he says "thanks" so here is my attempt.
- 3,100 FAVS, 40k retweets
Here are snapshots of some of the largest hashtags for social change.
- Potential Reach: 20 million in last 2 hours
- Potential Reach: 16.5 million in 5 days
- Potential Reach: 8 million over 3 days
- Potential Reach: 5 million over 20 mins
- Potential Reach: 4.6 million over last week
Good Ways to Drown
- 1. Don't sell at the wedding. Look for appropriate times to market.
- Millions are in uproar in #Cairo. Rumor is they heard our new spring collection is now available online at http://bit.ly/KCairo - KC.
- Regarding the Syria Vote:[comment# optional second example if it fits in the design.]
- "Boots on the ground" or not, let's not forget about sandals, pumps and loafers. #Footwear
- 2. Winking in the dark
- Don't create hashtags that no one else wants to use. You want users to use hashtags that are attached to your cause or brand. But to do this, they need to be useful tags.
- 3. Joining the wrong conversation
- Be careful what hashtag you use. Check to see what it's associated with, or you could end up with a cringe-worthy message.
- Researched by Merrill Cook
- All potential teach stats from twitonomy.com